ActivePinger is an App that generates acoustic waveform commonly used by sonar and displays the result in real-time. Unlike most App, ActivePinger is actually two Apps combined into one: Signal Generator and Spectrogram display. There are six waveforms to choose from: Continuous Wave(CW), Coxcomb, Geometric Comb, Costas Waveforms, Pseudorandom waveform(PRNG) and Hyperbolic Frequency Modulation(HFM) waveform. This tools is great for student and professional engineer studying in the field of sound and vibration because you can see the result of the pinging waveform in real-time.
Since this tool is integrated with FastGram, it also inherited the same benefits:
1. Four displays: time domain, frequency domain, spectrogram and signal generator controller.
2. Selectable sample rates and FFT size. Max sample rate of 48k and max FFT size of 8192.
3. Six Matlab like colormaps: Acoustics, Grayscale, Hot, HSV and Jet.
4. Two crossbars touchscreen for easy readout and calculating the deltas.
5. Records data for playback. The recorded data can be outputted to file or socket. Very useful for saving interesting signal.
6. And many more!
Hardware permission required by this App:
1. WRITE_SETTINGS - This is needed to change the display from sleeping.
2. RECORD_AUDIO - Data taken from microphone.
3. INTERNET - This is required for transmitting audio data over a socket.
4. WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Save recorded audio data to SD for playback.
Watch the video:
Where do I buy ActivePinger?
ActivePinger only be purchased through the Android Market.
2. Menu Buttons
There is only one menu button.
3. Setting Menu